In this episode, we’re diving into a topic that we all experience from time to time – feeling overwhelmed.
But don’t worry, this isn’t a doom and gloom episode. On the contrary, we’re going to turn that overwhelm on its head.
We’ll unpack the emotions behind that overwhelm, explore practical strategies to combat it, and discuss the benefits that come with navigating through overwhelm. And at the end, I’ve got a Q&A segment where I’m answering a few questions I’ve received on this topic.
So, if you’re ready to clear the clutter, reduce the stress, and reclaim your productivity, let’s dive in to overwhelm and business!
Prefer to read?
In this episode, we discuss:
- Unpacking Overwhelm: Emotions and Impact on Business
- Practical Strategies to Combat Overwhelm
- The Payoff: Benefits of Mastering Overwhelm
Here’s a breakdown of the episode:
[01:29] How overwhelm affects businesses and how to manage it.
[04:28] Being overwhelmed can lead to burnout, feelings of isolation, and even a loss of purpose in your business. It’s heavy stuff, but super important to tackle.
[08:24] Handy tips on handling emails and organizing computer files. A good rule of thumb? Only check and respond to emails when you’re in a low-energy state to avoid constant interruptions. And don’t forget to close that email tab when you’re done!
[12:48] Conquering overwhelm benefits you and your business.
[16:26] The power of saying ‘no’. If a task or commitment doesn’t align with your priorities or is eating too much of your time, don’t be afraid to turn it down. Using time management tools and apps can also help keep you focused and organized.
[17:20] Make decluttering a regular part of your routine. Schedule decluttering sessions into your calendar, ideally during low energy times.
- Spring Clean Your Biz Toolkit – When your business is a mess, it’s difficult to focus on what’s important and get things done. Spring Clean Your Biz is here to help! This toolkit will help you declutter and organize your business so that you can get more done in less time.
- The Organized Business Toolbox is my monthly membership for solo entrepreneurs who want to feel in control and take imperfect action to move their businesses forward.
Subscribe & Review
If you enjoyed this episode, I’d be thrilled if you could take a moment to leave a 5-star rating and review wherever you’re listening. Your support helps others discover the show (plus, it means the world to me!).
FREE Biz Planning Workbook
Download your free printable Business Planning Workbook for solopreneurs. Set your goals. Make your plans. Stay focused!